Friday, February 15, 2013

Wrapping My Head Around Things

I don't know how this whole editing and revising thing works because I've never done it before but it is HARD! The first thing I did in hopes of making everything a bit easier was just read the whole thing start to finish. I needed to be able to wrap my head around everything before I dove in and started fixing stuff.

Some things I noticed were that the last few chapters aren't just first draft bad but really, really bad. I think it was because I was getting tired at the end or something because I had been writing all summer.  I think I'll start there, fix up the end so I can get a better idea of where the story ends so I can make the middle get there after. I don't know if this will be the best idea but I feel like it is a place to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment