Saturday, March 23, 2013

Editing

So I finally managed to get a friend of mine to take a look at the first few chapters of my WIP. I'll have to bake her cookies or something to thank her. I already got the first one back with some great suggestions and I'm really excited to kick editing into high gear. It's a little daunting to get a piece of writing back covered in red ink but it's nice to know it is fixable. Good writing truly does come from rewriting. I even have a phone case that says "The art of an artist is to delete." It's scary to dive into something you're so proud of and start tinkering but the satisfaction that comes from taking a step back after rewriting again and again is wonderful!

1 comment:

  1. You should post an excerpt here so your adoring public can read your masterpiece.

    ReplyDelete